Based on the feedback from the VIVA, I wanted to bring another dimension to my future stories by incorporating the fairy tale parts into them.
I had a NLB workshop for Children aged 7 – 12 in Feb 8. I wanted to use this opportunity to test out my new fairy tale stories with the kids, as they were the perfect audience for this.
Dana was also interested in the storytelling and sensory activities and since both of us were aiming to encourage critical thinking and creativity within kids, we decided to collaborate for this.
|Existing Themes in stories||New Pairings for themes|
|Artificial||Artificial – Food|
|Technology||Climate – Technology|
The fairytales which where perfect for this new themes were,
- The Nightingale
- The Little Red Riding Hood
- Hansel and Gretel
- Alice in Wonderland.
I decided to develop these stories, to be read to the kids. After which they would engage in play and making that adhered to the futuristic theme.
We had 1hr 30 mins for the session, so we were quite limited for time. There were 4 segments planned for the NLB workshop.
- Sensory Storytelling – with audio visual ( 1 future story )
- DIY Sewing sensory Play – create a character from the story ( Dana’s kit )
- Second Story – reading by kids on their own
- Making their imagined future city with clay, ice cream sticks and cardboard, craft materials.